- Handling animals like cattle, sheep poultry, dogs and horses is a way of life on many farms. All animal behave differently and some animals are for production, working dogs or domestic pets.
- Animals are unpredictable, especially during the mating season. Cattle, pigs, horses and sheep should be treated with caution at all times. Keep a fence between you and the animals.
- Falling off horses causes a lot of injuries too, so wear a helmet. Keep sheds, yards, fences and equipment in good repair.
- Visitors and bystanders and can easily be injured by livestock so advise them to be careful.
- Working dogs can also cause harm through bites.