Soup with leek & parsnips
1 large leek - sliced
3 parsnips - diced
1 large carrot - diced
2 zucchinis - diced
1 tbsp marjoram (chopped) *
1 bay leaf
3 cups salt reduced vegetable stock
420g can four bean mix
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (to sprinkle on top)
2 tbsp olive oil
400g can of tomatoes**
- Saute all vegetables in a frypan (except the parsley) for 5 minutes
- Add the stock
- Add the undrained can of beans
- Cover and simmer for 20 mins
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty bread
* You can use any fresh or dried herbs, just experiment!
**You can use fresh tomatoes if you have them, which will lower the salt content, I actually used home bottled tomatoes which are very handy to have in the pantry!
Add other vegetables like potatoes if you don't have parsnips, but I love them.