If you (or someone you know) is in need of crisis support call 000.
Australian rural communities are vulnerable to a wide range of challenging circumstances including social and geographic isolation, the impact of drought and other extreme climatic events and diminishing face-to-face services. This has an effect on the health and wellbeing of everyone involved.
The National Centre for Farmer Health have partnered with Lysn to improve access to mental health care across the rural farming regions of Australia through the use of a telehealth platform.
The Lysn platform gives rural men and women the ability to access services from their own home and arrange a one-on-one confidential session with a fully qualified Australian AHPRA approved Psychologist who understands the many factors of farming life and work that contribute to mental health challenges. Giving you—the most important farming asset—greater control over your wellbeing.
Bulk billed sessions are now available with a referral and mental health care plan from your GP.
HOW IT WORKS
- Visit our telehealth platform.
- Create your account profile.
- Obtain a Mental Health Care Plan and referral from your GP addressed to ‘Lysn’.
- Send the referral to Lysn via fax or email.
- Fax: 02 9167 9009
- Email: email@example.com
- Once the Lysn team receive the referral, they will contact you to book you in with your best-fit psychologist for your needs.
- Once booked in, you will receive a booking confirmation with a link to your consultation.
OR You can also continue to use the online fee-for-service platform. Consultation prices range from $19 to $139. Medicare rebates are available for people living in remote areas (Modified Monash level 4-7) with a Mental Health Care Plan.
To find out more: