Farming, as both an industry and a way of life, is changing rapidly—shifting weather patterns, developing production methods, improving farm safety opportunities and changing family farming structures, to name a few. What hasn’t changed is the importance of farming in Australia and the necessity to share, inspire and educate other Australians about this.
As we celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the NCFH, we invite you to share your vision of all that is changing in agriculture and farming—the challenges and the opportunities.
Entries are now being accepted in eight categories, including a new photo plus healthy recipe category. Sections are available for Open, Secondary student and Primary student photographers. Generous cash prizes.
The photography competition ‘Farmer Health in a Changing World’ is part of the National Centre for Farmer Health Conference ‘Good health, wellbeing and safety: Making a difference to farmers’ lives’ taking place from 12th – 14th September, 2018.
It follows on from the success of the NCFH photography competitions in 2010, 2012 and 2015. Our focus continues to be on broadening the understanding of farmer health, wellbeing and safety.
‘Farmer Health in a Changing World’ – Snapshot of the Competition
- Entries are to be submitted online by Sunday 22 July 2018
- Categories: Open, Secondary School Student and Primary School Student in Category 7 only
- Cash prizes for winner and runner-up for Category 1-7 entries. The Instagram People’s Choice award is winner only [see below]
- Finalists’ photos will be displayed at the 2018 Conference ‘Good health, wellbeing and safety: Making a difference to farmers’ lives’ 12 September at Hamilton PAC, Victoria
- Winners to be announced at the Conference Reception on 12 September, 2018
- Download the Photography competition information poster [PDF 648KB]
- Download and read our Media Guidelines to see how farmers must be portrayed in your images [604 kb]
- Only one entry will be permitted in each eligible category